Wednesday, October 04, 2006

That'll be $70 Sir

Last night I decided to take the time to play around with the program Korsakow, while attempting to read the manual. This program was introduced to me by Ron Carr as an interactive medium though which we can display our final projects. The program seems very interesting, allowing the viewer to choose many different paths, some paths interconnecting each other, potentially reaching an ultimate destination or starting over again. This presents multiple outcomes, which will give me the flexibility I need for my project.

So last night I played with the program after reading the manual and what before seemed complex became very simple. The logic behind the program is very intersting but I still feel there are some limitations to it. I'm not sure if I can change the graphic appearance of the SNUs, such as the size and placement of the windows and I don't want to be limited to the maximum number of windows Korsakow allows. Maybe I can change it around. I still have to play with it some more.

So after not being able to connect the SNUs at the specific time I chose, I became frustrated and closed the program for the day. Later that night I had a dream where I was in a fiery cave in hell, and I was seated at a computer working on my Korsakow project. I couldn't link my project for shit, the same problem I had in the real world, and I asked my professor (a cross breed of Ron and Steve) and he said "Oh, if you want to link the videos, you'll have to buy the program. It costs $70." And I was all like, "F that man."

Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't use Korsakow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home